Memorizing verses and chapters of the Quran is not just a luxury for its companions or a way to kill time. Rather, the people of the Qur’an may have less time than you, but they are strong-willed people, determined, and have something in their hearts that urges them to fill their lungs with the words of Allah’s (SWT) Book and memorize the Qur’an so that Allah (SWT) protects them. And to adorn their feelings with the most precious of jewels through memorizing the book of Allah. Allah (SWT) describes the believers who are doing good deeds they hope for a “business” which will never slacken. “Indeed, those who recite the Book of Allah and establish prayer and spend [in His cause] out of what We have provided them, secretly and publicly, can expect a profit that will never perish.”
The people of the Quran are the best of the people
Don’t give the Quran your “leftover time”, the time when you’ve finished all other tasks or the time when you’re already tired and exhausted.
Do it during your “Prime time”, when you have just woken up, or when you have the full focus. Remember that: “The Quran is the words of your creator.” Remember that The reciters of the Koran will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels.
- listening to the Quran is curing stress. “Indeed that is a reminder for whoever has a heart or who listens while he is present [in mind].” Surah Qaf
- Memorizing verses and chapters of the Quran is the best thing you can do and Allah (SWT) makes it easy for believers to memorize. “And We have certainly made the Qur’an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?” Surah Al-Qamar
- Whoever memorizes the Quran and acts upon it, Allah will reward him greatly, so that he will rise in status in Paradise to a level commensurate with what he memorized of the Quran in life. Abdullah ibn Amr narrated that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: “It shall be said – meaning to the one who memorized the Qur’an – ‘Recite, and rise up, recite (melodiously) as you would recite in the world. For indeed your rank shall be at the last Ayah you recited.’
- Holding firmly to both the Quran and the Sunnah is the way through which we can guarantee our salvation. The prophet said “I have left two matters with you. As long as you hold to them, you will not go the wrong way. They are the Book of Allah and the Sunna of His Prophet.”
- The house of the Prophet and the Companions themselves were known as the walking and talking Qurans as well as being our role models in every aspect of life, we should try to emulate them in their manners. We can emulate them in this regard by incorporating the word of Allah into our daily lives and actively seeking to familiarize ourselves and understand the verses of the Quran.
- Memorizing verses and chapters of the Quran is a blessing and leaving it is a regret, and whoever abandons the recitation of the Qur’an will miss a great reward.
- life is a test. “And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient, Who, when disaster strikes them, say, “Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return.” Surah Al-Baqarah: 155
Great benefits of Memorizing the Quran
Memorizing verses and chapters of the Quran fulfills an Islamic duty.
Understand the words of Allah so that we will worship and obey Allah (SWT) in the best manner. Allah (SWT) has promised human beings of a special kind of guidance from Him through the prophets and messengers. It started with Adam (PBUH) and ended with the last prophet and messenger Muhammad (PBUH). “And when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance – there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.” Surah Al-Baqarah. The prophets and messengers were sent to guide us; they were given the scriptures from Allah with clear proofs and justice that mankind may keep up justice. Read This article about the benefits of learning the Quran
Memorizing verses and chapters of the Quran will intercede for you on the day of judgment.
Abu Umamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, “Read the Qur’an, for it will come as an intercessor for its reciters on the Day of Resurrection.”
- There are 10 rewards for each letter you recite from the Quran. according to Hadith prophet Muhammad said (PBUH): “Whoever recites a letter from the Book of Allah, he will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a ten-fold reward. I do not say that Alif-Lam-Meem is one letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter and Meem is a letter.”
- Memorizing verses and chapters of the Quran will lead you to paradise! ‘Abdallah ibn Amr reported Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) as saying, “The one who was devoted to the Qur’an will be told to recite, ascend and recite carefully as he recited carefully when he was in the world, for he will reach his abode when he comes to the last verse he recites.”
Why should I start my Quran journey?
- To get closer to Allah (SWT) as the Quran is a form of Dhikr (remembrance) of Allah (SWT). “Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah’s hearts are assured.” Surah Ar-rad
- To follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (PBUH). Qatadah reported: ” I said to Aisha, O Mother of the believers, tell me about the character of the messenger of Allah, (PBUH). Aisha said, “Have you not read the Quran?” I said, “Of course.” Aisha said, “Verily, the character of the prophet of Allah was the Quran.”
- To get many rewards from Allah (SWT).
- To have angels as your daily companions; the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: “The one who is proficient in the recitation of the Qur’an will be with the honorable and obedient scribes (angels) and he who recites the Qur’an and finds it difficult to recite, doing his best to recite it in the best way possible, will have two rewards.”
Join us to help you on this journey! Check our online memorization Course.