While our Salah (Prayer) means we are speaking to Allah in private, Quran recitation means Allah is speaking to us. Listening to Allah’s words every day gives you tranquility and great rewards in this life and in the hereafter insha’Allah. Listening to Quran is a very beneficial activity for Muslims Even for those who can’t understand 100% of the Arabic language. Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala says: “So when the Qur’an is recited, then listen to it and pay attention that you may receive mercy.” Surah Al-A’raf: 204
As for listening to Quran, this means that one hears it with an attentive heart, pondering the meaning of the words of Allah. the one who adheres to these two commands when the book of Allah is recited will attain a great deal of good, beneficial knowledge, ongoing and renewed faith, increased guidance and insight into his religion.[Tafsir As-Sadi]
The Quran recitation inspired a group of Jinn
A group of Jinn once listened to the Quran being recited by prophet Muhammad (PBUH) After they had listened it, they returned to their people telling them about it, and warning them “And [mention, O Muhammad], when We directed to you a few of the jinn, listening to the Qur’an. And when they attended it, they said, “Listen quietly.” And when it was concluded, they went back to their people as Warners. They said, “O our people, indeed we have heard a [recited] Book revealed after Moses confirming what was before it which guides to the truth and to a straight path.”
The mountain is humbling itself when the Quran is sent down
“If We had sent down this Qur’an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah. And these examples We present to the people that perhaps they will give thought.” Surah Al-Hashr verse: 21
Quran reading and Quran listening
Reciting, understanding, and listening to Quran brings us closer to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala, and brings happiness and peace to our life. It’s good to recite Quran daily even if it is only a small portion. Our hearts become filled with love and faith for Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.
Listening to Quran is a remembrance of Allah
Company of obedient Angels in the worldly life actually happens when pious believers are gathering for remembrance of Allah.
Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه reported:
The Messenger of Allah said, “Any group of people that assemble in one of the Houses of Allah to recite the Book of Allah, learning and teaching it, tranquility will descend upon them, mercy will engulf them, angels will surround them and Allah will make mention of them to those (the angels) in His proximity.”Muslim
The benefits of Reciting the Quran
The First beautiful thing to remind yourself when you start reciting or listening to Quran is that you become not from Al-Ghafleen (heedless). Allah says: “And remember your Lord within yourself in humility and in fear without being apparent in speech – in the mornings and the evenings. And do not be among the heedless.”
- When we read the Quran, we are interacting with the Holy words of the creator of existence.
The prophet (PBUH) told us about the divine mercy that accompanies the Quran when he says: “Whoever recites a letter from the book of Allah, he will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a ten-fold reward. I don’t say that Alif-Lam-Mim is one letter, but Alif is a letter, Lam is a letter, and Mim is a letter.”[At- Tirmidhi].
- The Quran, the last sacred Book of Allah, is essentially a guide to this life and the after life, as well as providing knowledge on what came before us. It undoubtedly brings all those who memorize and recite it closer to the creator, Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala. the Holy Quran requires careful study in order to apply its enlightenment to daily life.
- Reciting Quran allows devout followers within the religion to gain inner peace, rewards and approval from Allah.
- Find Answers and meaning in life: While navigating life, it’s crucial to have the powerful and reliable guidance, to know what is Halal (Lawful) to go to Jannah and what is Haram (unlawful) to avoid it. Quran is a form of worship that also gives back to its devout followers with direction and teaching.
- The words of Allah speak to the individual, bringing comfort and clarity in trying times. The act of regular recitation and listening to the Quran also has cleansing benefits that are calming for the soul. Allah’s saying: “And We send down of the Qur’an that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss.”
- The Quran reading grants Nobility and Rank: The Quran rewards high rank and status to those who read and study its verses. This means that the more you recite, the higher rank in Jannah you reach.
- One’s level of dedication to the Quran is especially important to come on Judgment Day, the Quran intercedes the believer when crossing from this life into the next, reported the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم he said: “Recite the Qur’an, for on the day of resurrection it will come as an intercessor for those who recite it. Recite the two shining ones, Baqara and sura Al Imran (Qur’an, 2 and 3). for on the day of resurrection they will come as two clouds or two shades, or two flocks of birds in ranks* pleading for those who recite them. Recite sura al-Baqara, for using it produces blessing and abandoning it produces regret, and the slothful are unable to recite it.”
The Quran is one of the three messages that Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala sent the prophet (PBUH) for us in Surah Al-Baqarah “Our Lord and send among them a messenger from themselves who will recite to them Your verses and teach them the Book and wisdom and purify them. Indeed, You are the Exalted in Might, the Wise.”
Memorizing the Quran is a process and it is not going to happen in a day. While learning the Quran you will see yourself gradually changing much calmer much more appreciative of what Allah gave you and less complaining and less attached to material things which are the problem of these days. Its’ a beautiful process insha’Allah. Please check our Quran Memorization courses
And yes listening to Quran is something great may Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala rewards you. “Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], “Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire.” Surah Al-Imran: 191